The Ancer Medical AR™ is a first of its kind, disposable brachytherapy applicator designed specifically for the treatment of anal and rectal cancers. The AR™ combines unique innovations with proven brachytherapy technology to bring a new Ancer to the question of anorectal cancer treatment.
Unique Device Dimensions
- 2.3 cm uninflated insertion diameter for ease of placement
- 8-10cm effective treatment zone allows treatment of entire rectum without repositioning
Dual Balloon construction
- 3.5-4cm inner balloon inflated diameter creates consistent, repeatable source catheter positioning
- Outer balloon creates protective spacing between source catheters and tissue, fully distending the rectum ensuring repeatable tumor coverage
- Radio-opaque contrast markers visible under X-ray, CT and MRI ensure consistent device placement.
- Contrast Markers and handle markings ensure depth and rotational consistency
- Inner balloon design ensures precise, consistent source catheter positioning
- Consistent fill volumes ensure repeatable tissue spacing.
- Compliant outer balloon ensures optimal tissue separation and conformity around tumors
- Non-compliant inner balloon supports 8 evenly spaced treatment catheters ensuring optimal positioning for surface dose control
- Device construction and materials designed to take full advantage of MRI guided brachytherapy